Abuja Young PRODUCER Daniel Dams Role out his debute movie "SWITCHED"

Movie production in the Federal Capital Territory is expanding by the day as many young producers are emerging out of the city to roll out movies. Daniel Dams is a movie producer,  director and Video Editor. The 34years old raised in Magnum, plateau state Nigeria. As always with many young people, he studied business administration but decided to followed his dream and love for media and film production "I started as a studio sound engineer and then moved on to becoming a sound producer and then Editor, director and now a movie producer, I can confidently say that my knowledge sofar had been self thought. .. learning each day from my mistakes and strategize on how to move toward in my chosen profession and line of duty.


What was the motive behind your actions? 

Well the motive is to produce something new, something outside the regular nollywood movies see and watch on cinemas 


Why do you think viewers should go for your brand and your kind of movie?

Like i said ealier, this movie is not the regular Nigeran films you see in the market or cinemas, while you are enjoying the action, suspence, comedy and romance, it also has a strong message which is for people to learn how to appreciate each other.  Sometimes it takes one to be in another man's shoe to understand them better. 


What do you think movie makers are doing wrongly that needs to be corrected?

Well right now I will say that its high time movie makers begin to take movie making seriously, becoming a producer is not all that matters,but making sure that what ever you are producing is of high standard, that's what matters to me, insist on the quality script, crew and equipments and above all Always set your standards high and let others follow.  This is my very first movie and I know that by the time we are done with the entire production, people will be amazed.

How did it all started for you?

It all started with a simple discussion with a friend who believed in me, I talked her into investing in the movie industry and she bought the idea. So I got some people to write a very captivating script, but then when I saw this particular script tittled "SWITCHED" I fell in love with it immediately, then I went on to put together my crew which is the most important thing in movie making. 

I met my friend my brother Beedof Abireh one of Abuja's most amazing DOP who then introduced me to Mr Tola Balogun (DGN) and today the rest is history ory. 
During the shoot, we encountered challenges, some of which I thought was the end for me but God just had a way of fixing it. So all thanks to you God Almighty for the success and to my friends and family who showed me great support because on my own I couldn't have pulled this through.

Can you tell us a little about the cast in the movie? 


Chuks Chyke played the role of "Don" who is the lead character in the movie. He later switched into "Maureen".  He made no mistake in the delivering the role and I'm glad we casted him for it. 

Esther Audu also play as "Maureen" in movie, she later switched into "Don". The combination of these two amazing characters brought beauty to the movie though at first we had some difficulty in understanding them especially after the switch but when they understood the script and characters, they played it perfectly. 

Paul Sambo acted as "Chidi" Maureen's boyfriend.  He was caught up in a confusing state trying to figure out what had happened to his girlfriend suddenly,  trying to read meaning to every of her actions. 

Rachel Bakam acted as "Bridget" who was Maureen's friend. She was full of life and loves to catch fun, she portrayed the character of lady Gaga. Her part just added colour to the movie
John Fashanu also acted as Don's boss, he was just off the hook,  fantastic and very professional in his delivery. 

Ella acted as Maureen's best friend who was with them all through the journey even though it was scary and also unbelievable., she had to find a way to manage the situation, 
And many other cast just to mention just a few. 

Do you have anything to say about your crew and their role in the production? 

About my crew, I think we worked together as a family, every crew member did their work diligently and professionally as expected, From the Director Tola Balogun who is very experienced and a master of his craft to the "DOP" Abireh Beedof whom I respect a lot especially with the way he handled the camera and cinematography  professionally and  in fact I couldn't have asked for more.  The soundman Lugard and the lightman Obed did a fantastic job and I'm so greatful and thankful for all the effort and creativity put on the job sofar. 

We know funding is difficult so how were you able to pull it through?

Indeed funding a movie "no be beans" thankfully I had an amazing friend Tessy Dibal who is the executive producer, though we are running the cost together, but she provided the major funding that enabled us in running the preproduction and that really gave me relief. 

How can fans reach you on social media and is there any hashtag to the movie title? 


Yea. They can reach us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/switchedthemovie 
Instagram: @switchedthemovie our hashtag is #switchedthemovie

Here is a link to the behind the scene BTS of the #switchedthemovie https://youtu.be/i5730PY_E2I

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Music Brain in the Mavins

Xquisite Foto Studios Takes Brand to Kubwa

How to reduce Belly fat faster than ever