Grayce drops debut single "The Sweet Song", talks on her road to limelight

Young Grayce is an Abuja based Gospel singer, songwriter and deep worship leader who sings passionately to show her love for God

Her passion and love for God is evidently proven in her latest effort which is also her debut single titled "The Sweet Song", the inspirational singer show deep passion in her soulful piece through her vocal expression.

She described her jazz fusion work as a testimony of God's goodness and mercy to her and also went further to say "this song is a song to the lover of my soul".

She also desired that this song reaches every home and every heart and that through it the word may experience the true love and sweetness of God.

Belvontimes sat with this awesome songstress and she opened us to her world of music and what her fans should expect from her..

I want to start by asking you to tell us about your background

Grace Benson is from Kogi State, raised in Abuja and a graduate of physics from IBB university Niger State.
Well I started music at the age of 5 (like most artist.. Lol) started from the church choir, sang in school or wherever I found myself.  I've always been in it or it's been in me.. It's something I'm so passionate about especially with the influence of my late father who was a lover of music.. I will say music has always been my thing.

Going back to the early 2000s, the music industry never knew about technology like when it comes to downloading and streaming. Why was it important for you guys to embrace technology in this modern era?

Technology is a blessing. A function and evidence of the wisdom God has placed in man. It's has made things faster and easier especially in relation to what you mentioned [downloading and streaming]. You can reach a larger audience and vice versa. basically, technology  has made the world smaller and easier to reach. So I believe God had it all planned out.

You just dropped your debut single how was it working with your producer?

Well, it's my debut single My producer (Roland Rickets) happens to be my very good friend who knows and believes in good music. It was really pleasant working with him although there were times it felt like he was going to suck my blood because he was very hard on me and If I hadn't  known the kind of person he was, I would have feel offended or given up but because of his drive for excellence.. We had a smooth working environment at the end of the day.


In a male dominated industry how do you think female artiste thrive?

There's so much room in the sky for everyone to shine.. success is a function of grace, growth and consistency.. male or female, when you have those things you'd thrive and in due time you would be exalted [be very successful]..so I'm not intimidated... Grace (my name) will speak for me.. Lol


How can you describe your style of music and what is your market strategy especially promo?

My music is a fusion of soul Rnb and rock i choose to call it ''blue soul''. yea yea it's not what we are used to in this part of the world. but we will get used to it as time goes on. Grayce is here to stay. Personally i feel promo or marketing strategy begins with one's relationship with people. I'm a people person. i love and value people regardless of whatever. Let me stop here., no army General lets his battle strategy out in the open. But this is my conviction "some trust in chariots, some in horses but Grayce trust in the name of the lord.. when God announces you, you going to be everywhere oh..lol.. Hope I'm not going all Christian on you. Lol

As an Abuja based gospel artiste, what are the limitations for the industry here?

As i said earlier, "the sky is big enough for everyone to shine.. i feel limits are what you choose them to be. honestly, i don't see any limitation.. Impossible stuff is regarded that way until someone does it.


What are your music aspiration and which artiste do you plan to do collabos with?

I want to keep good music, touching and lifting hearts with the positive message of God, love and sweetness. i respect my producer Roland Rickets, he's so talented and anointed, hoping to do my next song with him..


Where do you expect to see your brand in five years from now?

success is in phases and in stages. I'm in no rush. however in the next five years, i see my music touching more people than it is/has now. i would have built and fed formidable relationships with other household names in the industry to be able to do great stuff with synergy. There'll be more and more music. I'm growing and I'll still be growing by then. but on a new level...

Aside music, what other project do you learn your voice or render service to?

For now I'm a part of a club called the Tell Me Sis Club.. Where young ladies come together, talk on how we can improve ourselves and impact our society.. And on the long run I intend to create a forum for people (ladies especially) that go through depression or anxiety.. Cos I've had my fair share.. So I intend to reach out and impact as many as I've been graced to.

Are you signed to any label now and what strategy do you intend to introduce yourself to the market?

Well I belong to a family called Soughtout ..and just as I mentioned earlier no Army General lets his battle strategy out in the open.. So let's keep fingers crossed..

Can you give some words to fellow artiste who are still trying to get a platform to launch..

Well first I'd advise everyone not just artiste,  "Be true to yourself and respect your uniqueness" Trust the process, even though it takes time.. It's all for the best.. Honour  and respect the gift you have and when the time comes it will speak for you..

Thanks for having me on your platform.

God bless

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Music Brain in the Mavins

Xquisite Foto Studios Takes Brand to Kubwa

How to reduce Belly fat faster than ever