Brenda Ogbukaa Writes her way to Fame




Brenda Ogbukaa is an independent creative screen writer currently on the platform of RatedE productions. Ogbukaa is a Delta state native and graduate of psychology from the University of Abuja in the Federal capital Territory where her concentration was on Guidance and counseling with focus on child developmental psychology.

Brenda lives in Abuja where she has helped contribute alot to movie productions with so many screen play successes to her credit as a screen writer. Ogbukaa likes the Africa culture and she is devoted to telling authentic and purposeful stories that can make impact and transform moral in the society. Ogbukaa is the brain behind so many mnet movies/cinema films and TV series today in Nigeria and she is also known for her independent works including lots of short films and feature stories that have won awards.

Currently you will find her working to develop young teenagers and also create more exciting stories that can make greater impact within and across the boundaries of Africa.
Belvontimes had a chat with her and this is what we got from the creative young woman who is aiming for the top.

Belvontimes: We have always known you as an actor, how did you switch? 

I have always loved to tell stories. I met veteran actor Zack Amata in 2011 and he thought I could turn all my ideas into screenplays. He introduced me to screenwriting until 2013 when I met Emil Garuba who eventually became my mentor. I still act though, but for now I choose to create stories

Belvontimes: Beyond your work as a screenwriter, what cause do you support and how do you participate?

I mentor teenagers and counsel young girls who have been sexually abused. I'm also a teacher and I teach for free whenever I have the time, I have helped to teach at Centenary film project at the pan-Atlantic school of media studies, a workshop at the US Embassy organized by the New York Film academy, Afriff trainee at the 2015 Afriff.

Belvontimes: Does competition exist in your industry?

Yes it does but we just try to be creative and tell original story and keep it simple but catchy.

Belvontimes: What is your favourite believe and how has it inspired your life?

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do. I give a 100% to my work because I  feel if I don't love the story enough, why should I write it and torture my audience", and that has helped me to reach for the skies.

Belvontimes: what is that motivating factor that has keep you going?

Money! Laughs.., am just kidding. I want to write good stories/films that can cut across international cinemas, and be recognized for it someday and that is what inspires and motivate me to put my soul into my works.


Belvontimes: Can you let us into a short list of the scripts you've written, their directors and nominations?

Some of my few works include Black widow: directed by Chibuike Ibe. Currently on Ibaka,
Beauty of the mind: Okey Zubelu, Nominated for best screenplay and best actress at the zafaa awards 2014,
Oxford Gardens: Obi Emolonye,
Stormy hearts: Tope Alake. Will be in the cinemas from June 2nd.
Home coming (short film) : Ndu Scott. Won the Homevida screenwriting award 2014.
If only: Bright Wonder. Also won the Homevida screenwriting award. A couple of features and shorts which are still in production but expect lots of screen play from me this year

Belvontimes: what project are you currently working on?

It's  a TV series which I  can't talk about because I signed a nondisclosure contract so lets keep our fingers crossed for it.

Belvontimes: How can prospective clients contact you?

Instagram: chidizzle90
Email: brendaogbuka@gmail.com
Mobile: 08171170055

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Music Brain in the Mavins

Xquisite Foto Studios Takes Brand to Kubwa

How to reduce Belly fat faster than ever