Abuja Comedian Onome Da Saint takeover May event in Transcorp



When bits of comedy in the city of Abuja echoes, one  name that comes to mind is Onome Da saint, with real name Onome Owhodo, a native of Warri in Delta state who moved to the Federal Capital and decided to go into stand-up Comedy has been in the industry for awhile and the journey has been fulfilling

Belvontimes had a chat with the Delta state born comedian and on-air personality and this is what he had to say..

Belvontimes: How did it all start?


The journey started back in my school days in ABU when I use to do comedy fun, it got exciting when i was paid six thousand naira to anchor a wedding and it was actually the first time I anchored a wedding which was also a Muslim wedding in 2001.

Belvontimes: How did you come about the Brand Onome Da Saint?


My real name is Onome and I needed to add a touch of branding to stamp my name on the lips and heart of my intending fans who will be watching me on stage so I thought of St.Onome, but my friend Kadilo told me it will seem like I'm imitating or taking after St.Obi who at that time was the rave in Nollywood, then i suggested "Onome Da Saint" and here we are many years down the line and the name has grown to become a brand in Nigeria comedy industry.

Belvontimes: What are your motivations?
 
Actually as a young man from Warri we have the adage "Warri no dey carry last" meaning we are always restless until our dreams are achieved, we never stop because you want to leap out of poverty and the only way to do that will be to explore your environment which is what I decided to do and God above all is my motivation.

Belvontimes: Talk about your upcoming event, the stars and your expectations


My next event is happening sometimes this May and expectations are high to deliver a world class show for the Abuja teaming fans who I believe deserve more. Expect some of the industry best like Gandoki, Gordons, Osama, Chuks D General,  MC Tagwaye (details on the flyer) trust when we say these acts will be there to give you value for your money. 

Belvontimes: Beyond comedy, what cause do you support and in what way?

Our primary purpose as humans is to serve God and in serving Him we must also see God in human form.And above all I do service to humanity and will not like to discuss what it is but in that way I feel fulfilled and am sure ,if we all do same, the world will be a better place

Belvontimes: What next after this event?


After this event I will be exporting the brand #laffitoffwithonomedasaint and Keep improving myself because I believe there's always room for improvement and self development. Thank you so much for having me on your platform "no be small thing garri see turn to eba"... Buy your ticket to hear more jokes.. Bye to belvontimes

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Music Brain in the Mavins

Xquisite Foto Studios Takes Brand to Kubwa

How to reduce Belly fat faster than ever