Popular Abuja Actor Mickey Odey Jnr. Shines as 'Deepest Cut' goes to Cinema




Thanks to Nollywood and the Abuja film industry that has attracted a lot of major motion picture production to the city and it  has become known as “Abuja Nollywood.” The city is increasingly giving importance to the emerging, local talent spreading out from Kuje,Suleja, Maraba, Kubwa, Lugbe and area 8 Asset garden where every actor show up for open call auditions such as Naija Avengers, Conscripted, Public Mirror, Strugles of Eve, Down and Out, Farmers Bride and the list goes on. Playing a major role in Farmer's Bride was such an experience that brought him to the eyes of viewers from around the country.

If you are a loyal follower of the Nollywood movies then the name Mickey Odey Jnr. must certainly strike a note to your ear drums. He is certainly the definition of a versatile actor, light skinned, handsome with a slim striking modelling physique and goatee that can easily catch the eyes of a TV audience and the way he pulls every role in the movies he has featured. Starred as  Barrister and elder brother to the farmer in "Farmers Bride", Haliru the Saboteur and Boy friend to Pinky in the movie "Conscripted" a high profile anti terrorism movie which just hit cinema and Deepest Cut, surely Mickey Odey Jnr is a name you cannot ignore in the booming film industry in Nigeria.

Belvontimes had a swell time chatting with him and this is what he said..

My name is Mickey Odey jr. Aka Mickeyblaize, I'm a native of Ijegu yala local government of Cross River State and was raised in Kaduna state and Lagos Nigeria, though I finally moved to the Federal Capital Territory with my Elder brother who was a Police officer (Mobile Police) at that time. I attended Kaduna state polytechnic where I hold a national diploma in business administration.

The creator of "Farmers Bride"had a submission that I am the only actor that can carry the role of a barrister and could interpret it as natural as required and still carry viewers along “I was tired of working on every kind of set so I wanted to only get involved in movies that can bring the best out of me especially the job that portray my art and values.”

To further strengthen his creative art and professionalism Odey attended Hollystone Academy where he bagged a diploma in Artistic Directing and Acting. "I am inspired by people around me,society, nature and life in general not forgetting friends too, though I grew up loving what I to do".

Mickey grew up knowing that he had a gift and the world needs to see it in whatever platform he can put it across. According to the saying when God gives you a gift and you refuse to utilize it He will take it away and give to someone else, So I saw the need to affect my generation positively with the gift God has bestowed upon me.

My career has seen the attitude of a roller coaster since I ventured into acting, I don't think I can actually recollect any bitter moment because I was trained to believe that life has its ups and downs so I take every moment as a challenge and opportunity in stepping up.
And the sweet moment for me is actually every time I have the opportunity to showcase my God given talent on any platform, and the irony of it all is when ever am called upon I just do my thing,try to be very natural and as versatile as I can. I hate to be pinned to a particular character(stereotype) And I believe that when God's grace is upon you the love pours in natural.



My journey has been swift and jettison from the very first appearance on set, the movies I have been privilege to be on includes;Flush Directed by Mr martins 1998,behind the sins directed by Tola Balogun, Domino Directed by kabat Esosa Egbon and Kingsley Omoefe, Separated, Directed by kabat Esosa, Farmers Bride by Tola Balogun, Nebor my Nebor and story story radio drama, where I played the character of chief Ortega and DPO, a BBC Radio drama, purple things also a radio drama, "Conscripted",  I played the character of Haliru, a terrorist boyfriend to pinky female member of the trained special forces to combat crime in the country, and one of the yet to be released movie currently making waves,Deepest cut where I starred as Tunde a friend of Hazel (Majid Mitchel) is set to hit the cinema all over the country. I am currently on the set of "Sons of The caliphate" season 2 and I am starring as Prince Hamza Bin Mai Yaki and the list goes on.

Over a decade my career as an actor has brought a lot of sweet moment and it cannot be completely fulfilling without counting the laurels and awards that has come along with it and that is why we put our soul into what we do whenever the opportunity comes begging. My laurels and awards includes, best male actor (Trinity award 2005) (Youths award for excellence (most outstanding youth in film industry Abuja, Actor evergreen (d'advertiza award) most outstanding male actor 2016 actors guild of Nigeria Abuja Nollywood. And the journey never stop until infinity.

God bless belvontimes for the opportunity.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Music Brain in the Mavins

Xquisite Foto Studios Takes Brand to Kubwa

How to reduce Belly fat faster than ever